I recently had a bad experience at the gym. By bad I mean I was working out my upper body, don't be jealous, and this guy next to me, who also happened to use all the equipment before me, smelled horrible. It was more than the normal gym sweat. It was like a weeks worth of sweat in the same clothes that a rat died in. It was unacceptable on all levels and others noticed it as well. He didn't even disinfect the equipment when he was done. I was disgusted, but he never looked my way to see my evil glare. So I had to disinfect all the equipment prior to using it. And even after doing so it still smelled. I almost left, but decided to tough it out. And then later in the day I came across this article Gym Etiquette and oh how true it is. However, I differ slightly in regards to the clothing issues.
I just want to workout and not be distracted by some rancid smell of the person next to me. Maybe next time I'll bring him the disinfectant spray and towel.
Christmas 2011
14 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment